Monday, November 03, 2003

My sister Betty asked the director of our Mother's assisted living facility how she sees our Mother now, and over the next few months...
Your mom is really pretty much the same as before. She has really good moments and days and then not so good ones. She has made friends with Kay and really enjoys being with her at coffee and card time. Kay can typically get her up and moving quite a bit. There really is no predicting what are the good days. I do think that she is eating a lot of junk food and is then not very hungry for the main meal. I don't believe that she has had any major weight loss or gain, I will double check this. Over the next year I can't honestly say. Is she doing worse than before- not really-she's still up and down, good and bad etc. Is she doing any better. No, pretty much the same. We will just have to continue to try and motivate her as much as possible and keep her safe. We will also monitor the memory loss and see if that is affecting her in any major way. Is she safe right now, I believe so. But the other possibility is that at some point she may decline, have a fall, or begin to wander. These are the things that we watch for. Sometimes they are predictable and sometimes they are not. I am sorry that I can't give you more of a definitive answer. For now I say just continue to love her up the way you all do and enjoy the good moments. Thanks Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment