Friday, February 17, 2006

Betty and Trisha

Haven't heard from you girls in a while. I wondered how Aunt Harriet is doing.
My Mom is failing as time goes on. Hard to believe she will be 94 in July. I am still able to take her to the beauty shop and out to eat once a week. But some weeks she can barely walk with my support but insists on walking just the same doesn't want me to take her in to the shop or cafe in the wheel chair.

She recently had several tests as she was having a bad time choking on food. So had throat swallowing test and an upper GI. Said she had minor problems but not enough to warrant the choking I described to them. The upper GI did show she hs a hiatal hernia.

Her mind continues to get worse and worse. 2 weeks ago when we went out we were talking about Aunt Lena and she wanted to know If I still wrote to her and I said no not for many years. Wanted to know if she was still living and I told her I had no idea as I haven't heard anything in a long time. Then she wondered if Lena still wrote to her Mom (our grandma). I looked at Mom with a puzzled expression and she said "Well you know my Mom". Then she stopped and her face clouded over and she said "OH that's right my Mom is gone isn't she" I said yes Mom, grandma died a long time ago.

Anyhow if one of you read this can you tell me if anyone knows about Lena?? Last I knew her husband Harold was in a nursing home but that news was a good 7 or 8 years ago so have no idea if either are alive at this date.