Saturday, July 10, 2004

My mother will be 92 July 13th. I will be gone then so I brought her a cake, a flower and Happy Birthday balloon today. I had them serve the cake for dessert at the nursing home. Mom was glad to see me and said she had been so lonesome as it has been so long since she has seen me. I told her Mom, I have been here 3 times in the last 5 days. My grandchildren are here for the summer staying with another grandma and they were in town so stopped so we could take the girls up to see my Mom as she hadn't seen the great grandkids for about 2 yrs. So there were 2 great grandmas and 2 grandmas and the two girls 5 and 7 at the nursing home. We were with Mom for 2 hrs. I took several pictures with my digital camera. Then The next day I went and got my Mom and took her to get her hair done and we went out to eat. Then today to bring her a B-day cake. I am so depressed seeing my Mom fade away. It has only been 5 days since the great grand children and I spent 2 hrs. with her and she has no memory whatsoever that they were ever there. I told her about it and she doesn't remember seeing them at all.

I know her memory is very bad and reduced to just seconds but I did think she would remember seeing the little girls but Nothing no memory at all that anyone was there. It hurts so bad to see someone like that. You can't do or say anything to or for her cause it means nothing as within seconds it is like it never happened at all as she remembers nothing.