Friday, January 30, 2004

It has been a long time since I posted on here; but felt I must. Trisha's last posting really sums it all up recently. What has now happened is the Manor(an assisted living home) called and said Mom must get on a list for a Nursing Home. That was on Jan 28th; literally shortly after Trisha's posting below; we got the call from Eventide Nursing home that there was an opening. So the emails and phones literally flew between us 3 sisters and the paperwork was flying.

Today, Jan 30th, we met with the head person at the Manor, Trish, myself and Mom. We told Mom she was being transferred to Eventide. She was laying in bed, in a fetal position and only slightly acknowledged us there. She knew who we were; but really didn't care. We will be admitting her to Eventide on Jan 31, 2004 at 10 am.

Eventide is a beautiful place. My husband's Mother was there for several years and we know she will get excellent care. I really don't know what to expect; my thoughts are she might take a quick dive downwards or a better improvement to a more quality life. I hope so. We will keep you posted.