Monday, May 06, 2002


Life goes on.................

As hard as it might be these are my thoughts for Mom:

Whether we are experiencing the death of a loved one, an ended relationship, or grief for the past, as incomprehensible as it may seem, life DOES go on. Hardships may indeed befall us, but the ebb and flow of life
energy prods us to survive.

Indeed there is a time to mourn, but there is also a time for tears to dry. As does the sweet scent of the poppy linger in the air, the warm memories and love for those we have lost will remain always safe in our hearts.
Life is about living.

It was hard for me this past weekend, seeing all the things that Mom and Dad cherished all their lives. I cried many tears and mourned my loss of my Daddy. I know as I go through and unpack their belongings, more will come. I smelled Dad's hats and remembered his smell. I cried. I fumbled through the little boxes that meant so much to him the last few years and wanted him to be there...........

It is so true that you never realize how much you love someone until they're gone. And, it is also true, that I never realized how lucky I was to have parents like I had.

What I also want to convey is that we need to try and bolster Mom up and help her get on with living. I am going to try being a little tougher on her - gently of course.

But - life does go on and there is a time for tears to dry.